If the student uses the “End Session” button, you will get a notification that the session has ended and will be asked to provide feedback about the session. If a student leaves without ending the session, it can be harder to figure out. Here are some reasons why that sometimes happens:
- Student device battery died.
- Student lost internet completely.
- Student closed the app and didn't reopen.
When one of those happens, you'll see a red exclamation point appear in place of the student's initials and an audio notification indicating that they aren't connected to audio:
Here's what to do if this happens:
- Ask out loud if the student can hear you.
- Write on the screen asking the student to write something if they can see your message.
- Wait a few seconds to see if the student responds or if you see the dancing dots that indicate the student is connecting again:
- If you don't get a response or see the student rejoining the session, end the session.