The following list shows all the steps you'll need to take to set up your account, complete your training, and start tutoring:
1. Start your background check - Click here and fill out the form on Checkr.com to initiate a routine background check. You will not be able to begin tutoring until the check has cleared. Do this step right away so that it can start processing while you do the rest!
2. Update your iPad - Our app will only work if your iPad is using iOS 9 or later. Click here for steps to update your iPad.
3. Set up your Tutor Account - Click here to answer a quick survey about you. We’ll create your tutor account before your training session using the information you provide. We will send you your login info right before we begin training.
4. Add a Profile Picture - Click here to set up your profile picture on Gravatar. Please use an appropriate, friendly photo! We recommend a head shot.
5. Download our Tutoring App to your iPad - MathTutor isn’t available in the App Store. Here are the steps you’ll need to get it:
- You’ll receive an email with an invitation to Crashlytics from Rev.com, Inc. Open the email on your iPad and click the link to install Crashlytics.
- Open Crashlytics on your iPad (the icon is a reddish gear labeled “Beta”), then click the button to install MathTutor.
- Click here for steps to get your iPad to trust our developer.
- You won’t be able to log in until shortly before your scheduled training session when your tutor account is set up.
6. Set up your Slack Account - We use Slack for all tutoring team communications.
- You’ll get an email invitation to join the MathElf team on Slack.
- Set up your account using your first and last name.
- Add a profile picture.
- You can download Slack for your iPad, smart phone, and computer from the App Store or Google Play Store. You can also connect to Slack through the web.
- In Slack’s settings, you can customize when and how you get notifications.