If you don't see any audio notifications, but you both still can't hear each other, it's usually something simple. Here are a few things to try:
- The person who can't hear should try turning up their volume. In-app volume is different than other volume settings on a device, so sometimes it is turned down without the person realizing it.
- If the student is using a headset, ask them to try unplugging it and see if they can hear through their device. If they can, their headset is the problem.
- If you are using a headset, try disconnecting it to see if your headset could be the problem.
- If the person who can't hear isn't using a headset, but does sometimes connect to a Bluetooth headset, they should make sure that their sound isn't accidentally going to the headset.
- If none of those things work, apologize to the student and suggest that you end the session and reconnect to reset the audio connections.